Mediation Provides Another Option
Many times, the parties involved in a divorce won’t see eye to eye on how things should be divided. They have different viewpoints on who contributed what and what belongs to whom. Additionally, personal feelings and grudges can make this process almost impossible to complete. Mediation can help bridge the gap of communication between the parties and help them come to an agreement on difficult issues.
At Levo-Donohoo, LLC, our Illinois attorneys are experienced with mediation as a method for settling family law disputes. We facilitate communication between you and the opposing party to help everyone move beyond the difficult emotions to find solutions that will help your family in the future.
What Is Mediation?
Mediation is a process of negotiating an agreement regarding a dispute with the help of a neutral third party, the mediator. Benefits of the mediation process include:
- Mediation is frequently a cost-effective process due to the fact that the dispute is solved outside of the courtroom.
- The mediation process is private, meaning parties can communicate openly without the threat of their statements being used against them.
- Mediation tends to take less time than the litigation process, which could drag on for months or years.
- Typically, mediation agreements are upheld by both parties better than litigated agreements, due to the fact that each has helped construct the terms and agreed to them.
- The process helps each party feel as though they received their fair share of assets, custody, etc.
Mediation can help you stay in control of your divorce process or other family law matter, rather than leaving all decisions up to the judge.
Contact Our Office
To find out how mediation might help your family law dispute, contact our office today. Call us at 618-414-8428 or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment in either East Alton or Troy.